I have been single for a couple of years now, and for a long while dating didn’t really appeal. Having a baby is exhausting and then when they turn into a toddler…well there isn’t even a word I’m aware of that defines what it’s like to be MORE than exhausted.
So the thought of having to get dolled up, paint on a smile and get back into the big, scary world of dating just was not on the agenda.
But over recent months I’ve noticed a change in my feelings towards getting out there again, and even in my body language, because men have been approaching me and I have not instantly wanted to run away.
It’s just a shame that the majority of those men were a waste of breath, but it was still great to be complimented and to feel like a woman rather than a mother for a few hours occasionally.
It’s also shown me that I am finally at a stage where dating no longer scares me or feels like too much effort and I love the thought of being able to share my evenings with a beautiful man (or men as it’s been lately!).
I’ve been having a little think about what has changed lately for me, and I’ve managed to come up with my own Top Ten Signs You’re Ready To Date Again and here they are:
- Your bin goes out more than you do
- Your dvd and music collections are in alphabetical order
- You no longer recognise the names of bars and clubs that you overhear fellow single people talking about
- You find yourself looking to buy a cat or dog to keep you company in the evenings (for me it was a rabbit)
- You can’t remember the last time you were complimented about yourself as opposed to your parenting skills
- You find yourself trying to fill your evenings up with things that pass the time like chores and (ahem) blogging
- Your toddler has more of a love life than you do
- You can’t remember the last time you wore make up and brushed your hair
- You no longer recognise when guys are flirting with you to the horror of your friends
- When you start smiling whilst watching romcoms, rather than gagging and rolling your eyes
Want to advertise your business for free?
Grab your pack of free advertising perks by registering.