Breastfeed Flash Mob
Breastfeed Flash Mob is on. Thursday 15th December, 1pm, The Clocktower. We have chosen a central public venue, where there is space to be seated but also be noticed. The weather is predicted to be clear next week (i.e. no rain) but we will have an indoor Plan B venue lined up. We’ve made it lunchtime so if there’s friends or supporters working nearby who want to pop down, they could do so in their lunch break. Thanks to brilliantly proactive people, it’s looking highly likely we will have interest from local and national media. Although we want to make this a ‘flash mob’ in the truest sense, i.e. whip them out and feed all together, it does take some planning and publicity, so can’t strictly keep it secret.
What you need to do now:
Tell your network!
1. Put it in your diary. It’s a family friendly event, so bring your little ones!
2. Share the link to this post with your friends and mums groups via social media.
3. There’s a Facebook event, please accept that so we can get an idea of numbers.
On the day:
Turn up before or at 1pm, make yourselves warm/ comfortable to feed with your baby. As we are organising this pretty much on the hop we won’t be able to bring any equipment i.e. chairs or cushions although you are welcome to do so. The main purpose is to gather together publicly and show support but we obviously want to raise awareness, so there will be photographers & people taking video footage. We will organise the group so that those who don’t want to be captured are e.g. according to where they are seated or facing. You don’t have to be a breastfeeding mother to take part, we want as much support as possible to show the city that the wider community supports us.
Contact us if:
You are a business that can donate teas/ coffees or snacks (or anything else that breastfeeding mums like).
Photographer, video or audio specialist to capture some footage of the event. We probably won’t need more than 1 hour of anyone’s time.
22 Comments + Add Comment
Catch Up with Us!
- A creative Intervention for a weary mum via social media April 24, 2014
- Competition: Win A Family Ticket To Soul Dome April 22, 2014
- Single (Parent) In The City April 17, 2014
- So You Didn’t Get Your First Choice School Place April 17, 2014
- Wall Of Fame: Zoe Bolechala, point to the window April 15, 2014